Sunday, July 7, 2013

The calm before the storm

"No!" My eyes snapped open at Tori's yell. I looked at my bedside clock. 3 a.m. gahhh so late......

 I slowly got out of the bed. I rubbed at my eyes and began to make my way to my door. I opened it stumbling into the hallway. I was exhausted. I walked to where the scream had come from. I walked into the kitchen to see Tori on the floor with her eyes closed tightly.

"Tori?" I asked, concerned. "Tori are you okay?" she looked up at me, fear shining in her eyes as she began to frantically crawl backwards. "What happened?" She looked up at me again opening her mouth as if to say something, but all that escaped was a choked sob. I kneeled down in front of her trying to figure out what was wrong. She shut her mouth shaking her head. "Hey, hey what happened?" I asked softly, I could see tears running down her cheeks.

She seemed confused at the question bringing her hand up to her face as if only now noticing she was crying. "I..." her eyes moved around the room quickly before settling back on me. She flung herself at me surprising me. I froze up for a few minutes not too sure what to do. I slowly put my arms around her making shushing noises as I rubbed her back as she had done for me. She continued to sob into my chest as I held her. I was of course rather confused, at that point not sure what had happened, still not exactly sure.

She finally seemed to relax, her sobs coming to a stop. I looked down to see that she had fallen asleep. I froze when I felt it. That familiar feeling that all runners know. My eyes darted around the room looking for what I knew was there. My eyes stopped on the window when I saw HIM standing outside of it. I shook slightly with an emotion that I did not feel often, pure rage. I glared at him and he simply cocked his head to the side.

I knew that whatever had happened to Tori HE was to blame. I grit my teeth standing to my feet still holding Tori. I began to walk to her room my eyes never leaving HIM. Tentacles began to appear behind him. Swaying angrily almost. I could not stop the small growl from escaping my lips. I knew that I should be scared, terrified of this creature. But all I felt at the moment was that intense anger. I blinked and he was gone.

I sighed as I continued to Tori's room. When I entered I set her on the bed and tucked her in. I exited the room shutting the door quietly behind me. As I made my way back to my room my mind was racing. HE was back....and that meant danger. I needed to prepare. I wouldn't let him hurt her, I refused to.

With that in mind I entered my room and sat down at the desk. I took out a small jar of ink with a red tint to it, as well as a small slips of paper. I took out my calligraphy pen dipping it in to the ink. I began to work. I would be up till dawn.

Until next time, Skye.

2 comments:

  1. You faced him, and there was nothing but anger? Hmm. Did it feel like the world snapped into clarity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm.....now that I think about it, yes.

      Delete